Safety & Environment
Circa Refrigeration and its management are committed to safety and the environment, scroll down to read our Qualifications and Certifications, Environmental, Health and Safety policies.
Certifications and Qualifications
Licensed by the TSSA for natural gas & propane installations & service
Licensed by the TSSA for Refrigeration work under the Boiler & Pressure Vessels Act
ISO 9001 Certified for our Quality Management System
ISO 14001 Certified for our Environmental Management System
Member of the Ontario Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Contractors Association (ORAC)
Technicians are all certified Gas Fitters & Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Technicians
CIRCA is committed to the establishment and operation of an Environmental Management System that focuses the business activities of the Company and its employees on environmental management, reducing the impact of our operations on the environment, and preventing pollution.
Accordingly, the following principles are essential to CIRCAs Environmental policy:
- We are committed to the implementation, maintenance and review of our Environmental Management System in order to manage the environmental aspects and impacts of our business activities, including: heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration services.
- We are committed to fulfilling all compliance obligations, environmental legislation, regulations and other requirements that are applicable in the jurisdictions within which we conduct our business.
- We are committed to enhancing environmental performance by setting business goals, objectives and targets for the protection of the environment and for continual improvement in the use of resources, preventing pollution, minimizing waste and recycling.
- We will document, implement, audit and conduct regular reviews of our Environmental Management Systems Objectives and Targets, using planned management reviews to assess the continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of our EMS program.
- We will communicate our Environmental Policy to all CIRCA employees and make it available to the public and interested parties.
Jim Bince, President
January 21st, 2019
Health and Safety Policy
Circa Refrigeration, Inc. and its management are committed to the prevention of occupational illness and injury to employees, visitors and others while at Circa or on company business.
This commitment shall be fulfilled by providing and maintaining a healthy and safe work environment that will, as a minimum, meet all health and safety-related legislative and regulatory requirements and address all related employee safety concerns. This commitment will be achieved by using the following tools:
• Employee training and education
• Proactive approaches to prevent problems
• Frequently scheduled safety meetings
• Health and safety being integrated into Circa’s continuous improvement programs
• Equipment preventive maintenance and house-keeping programs
• An appointed health and safety representative
This commitment is rooted in the belief that an employee who is comfortable with his/her work environment is a more productive employee.
Each employee has the responsibility to obey the company policies and procedures, follow safe work practices, and identify and report all unsafe acts and hazardous conditions to their employer.
All supervisors have the responsibility to ensure that safe and healthful working conditions are present and being maintained; and that each employee receives the instructions, training, protective equipment and proper tools to perform their job safely and efficiently. Managers are accountable for the health and safety of the workers under their supervision.
Contractors, sub-contractors and their employees, when working for or on behalf of Circa Refrigeration, Inc. have the responsibility to meet the requirements of OHSA and all Circa safety policies.
Circa believes that all employees should be treated with respect and dignity. Therefore, Circa will not tolerate inappropriate workplace conduct, including violence or threat of violence, discriminatory harassment based on race, colour, gender, age, citizenship, or impending citizenship, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Circa Refrigeration, Inc. is committed to the continual improvement of its health and safety performance. I request the participation of every employee, so that Circa can maximize the benefits that are available from a first-rate health and safety program.
Circa Refrigeration also works under the Chrysler Brampton Assembly Plant Contractor Guidelines as per their most current manual.
Jim Bince, President
January 21st, 2019